Welcome to the International Saints and Abolitionists Community! The following is a list of our official guidelines pertaining to our community to keep it safe and beneficial for everyone!
1. We are connected through the foundation of Jesus and fighting trafficking, so you actually have a lot in common with others who are here in the ISA Community. Make yourself comfortable here and help others do the same in the ISA Christian Abolitionist Community.
2. Please allow Advocates to express their full spectrum of emotions without judgment, correction, shame, or guilt. Focus on listening first, assume the best, seek understanding, and empathize with others. We are here to assist each other in prayer, support, advice, and community while being equipped to be a Saint and an Abolitionist.
3. The ISA Community is not only an online forum, but intended to connect you to meaningful friendships, equip you in areas of need, educate you through courses, and supply Advocates with the tools they need to combat trafficking both home and abroad. We pray that you connect with those in the ISA Community, as you make long-lasting relationships and invite others to help expand the ISA Community.
4. Please be respectful of all ISA Community Advocates, ISA Moderators, and our ISA Leadership Team. We are all here for a common purpose and are committed to creating an environment that is as safe as possible and feels like home for everyone in the ISA Christian Abolitionist Community.
5. Protect the privacy of those in your group(s). Please do not share personal content from the group without the expressed permission of the Advocate who shared it.
6. This is a troll-free zone. We will not tolerate bullying, discrimination, inappropriate behavior, illegal activity, or other related improper conduct. Please notify ISA Moderators or the ISA Leadership Team if you experience anything like this. We reserve the right to delete any content we deem offensive or inappropriate, as well as permanently remove any Advocate who does not follow our guidelines.
7. No self-promotion. We have many community members who are speakers, writers, non-profit leaders, bloggers, youtube stars, podcasters, etc. We ask that you do not use the group as a place to self-promote either with new posts or in the comment section. This would include sharing links from your work or social media platforms for self-promotion. If you have newly published a book or would like to in some way share something you think would be highly valuable and fit the goals of the group or community, please share it with your ISA Moderator and we would love to consider adding your work to our resources!
8. No crowd-funding for things or organizations outside of ISA. We do not allow the posting of Gofundme, Youcaring, Indiegogo, etc. We have no way to vet all causes and organizations and would need to if we were going to allow this. We have fully verified organizations that are promoted in certain groups who will be allowed to fundraise for their organizations. Please trust ISA to vet and approve appropriate organizations. We ask that you resist fundraising for other non-profits outside of ISA.
9. No volunteer crowd-sourcing. If you are looking for volunteers to blog, speak, contribute to an article, etc, know that we do not allow that in the group. We do not want to exhaust our Advocates with requests for free emotional and physical labor. If there is something specific for a broad platform that you need volunteers for, please contact your ISA Moderator and we can put you in contact with certain Advocates. If you are searching for people for a paid position, please contact your ISA Moderator for this as well.
10. If you have questions or comments, please reach out to our ISA Marketing and Media Director, Lena@SaintsandAbolitionists.com. We ask that you use official channels including the email listed and our community platform to communicate with our ISA Leadership Team and ISA Moderators. Please do not use social media and direct messages unless you have first been granted permission from the Advocate you are contacting.
Thank you in advance for understanding! Again, thank you for joining the ISA Christian Abolitionist Community! We know that we are called to be rooted in God, and this journey is not meant to be one we discover alone. Connecting to other Advocates and being equipped to combat the evils of this world is what we need to deepen our foundation with Jesus as we fight for others. We are better together and you belong here in the ISA Community!